Pitchfork Music Festival 2009 Highlights
Looking for Pitchfork Music Festival 2009 highlights? At Chicago's Union park,from July 17th through 19th in 2009, some of the best musicians from all over came out to put on Pitchfork Music Festival. It was nearly impossible to narrow down the best moments during the weekend, but here are the some of the best. Enjoy and see you this year!
FRIDAY, JULY 17
6:10 Yo La Tengo took to the Aluminum Stage and played an awesome and inspired set to a crowd of super fans and newbies alike. The unarguably best Yo La Tengo Pitchfork Music Festival 2009 highlight was this amazing performance of them playing their song "Sugarcube".
- 8:40 Built to Spill followed Yo La Tengo at the Aluminum Stage and played an equally impressive and entertaining set. For a better idea of how fun this part of the concert was, try hard, for good reason, to find a recording of "Liar" by a concert goer. It will make your day!
SATURDAY, JULY 18
- 7:25 Beirut played to a very happy crowd at the Connector Stage. The top Pitchfork Music Festival 2009 highlight of Beirut, was when they preformed "scenic world". It is just one example of just how great they were at this massive music festival.
SUNDAY, JULY 19
- 5:30 (B) Japandroids took to the Balance Stage to eagerly awaiting fans and other curious music lovers. Japandroids was one of the more "up and coming" bands being buzzed about and played a note worthy set that left concert goers feeling excited to hear more about the band. "Boys are leaving town" was a crowd favorite.
- 7:25 Grizzly Bear appeared on the Connector Stage and played a fulfilling, yet problem riddled set of past hits and more new musical successes. There were several sound issues and technical crew member mistakes which frustrated the band, but could also be considered entertaining to most attendees. A good example of the band's frustration can be seen in a video taken from the audience.
- 8:40 The Flaming Lips rocked the Aluminum stage and did not fail to live up to their hype. They are elusive, high energy and bursting at the seams artistic. The Flaming Lips were truly a Pitchfork Music Festival 2009 highlight. Playing one of their most popular songs to date, "Do You Realize??" was a festival favorite.