Looking for a great pizza recipe with pesto, artichoke, Feta and shrimp? This recipe takes advantage of many of the great Greek-inspired flavors to create a delicious twist on the traditional pizza. This pizza uses pesto sauce instead of tomato-based pizza sauce, adds toppings such as artichokes and fresh spinach and substitutes fresh shrimp for other common pizza meats. This gourmet style pizza is sure to impress your dinner guests.
Ingredients for a Shrimp, Pesto, Artichoke and Feta Pizza
- 1 (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crust
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
- 4 tbsp. prepared pesto
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/3 cup black olives or kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 (4 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 8 oz. fresh or frozen shrimp, thawed, peeled, de-veined and chopped
- ½ cup fresh spinach leaves, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Prepare the oven and the pizza pan. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Prepare the pizza pan for use and have it ready for the pizza.
- Prepare the pizza crust. Drizzle the unbaked crust with olive oil and brush the olive oil to the crust’s edges with a pastry brush. Sprinkle the crust evenly with the Parmesan cheese and spread pesto on top of the crust, being sure to cover the crust evenly.
- Load the pizza with the toppings. Top the pizza crust with the chopped tomato, peppers, black olives, onion, artichoke hearts, shrimp and spinach. Spread the toppings evenly and adjust according to preferences. The pizza will turn out just fine without a suggested topping or two.
- Add the cheese. Top with the crumbled Feta cheese and mozzarella. You may wish to add more or less cheese as desired. If more cheese is desired, it is recommended that you add more mozzarella or traditional pizza cheese as more Feta may overwhelm the other pizza flavors.
- Bake, slice and serve the pizza. Bake the pizza for twelve to fourteen minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned. Typically a twelve inch pizza crust is cut to serve eight, but cut and serve into desired shapes and slice sizes. Serve with a tossed salad and bread sticks.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.