Poker Texas Hold Em Rules
If you're interested in poker, Texas Hold Em rules are a must learn. The rules of Texas Hold Em are similar to the rules of many other kinds of card-based casino games. However, it does bear some striking differences that are unique to its own brand of play. Understanding these rules can be the first step to becoming a better player at this extremely popular card game.
- The game begins with the deal. In casino or professional play, the dealer is not a player; he is simply the person that handles the cards and the river cards. Each player is given only two cards, contrary to many other kinds of poker. These cards will come into play later in the game.
- When each player receives his cards, he may then place bets in an order based on his position on the table. Depending on the type of game being played, one or more players may be required to place antes before the actual betting begins.
- Once the initial bets are placed, the dealer then “burns” or discards the next card on the top of the deck and initiates the “flop”. The flop is when three cards are placed face up on the table for the players to see. These are the cards that will work in conjunction with the cards that the players already have in their hands. Players then bet again based on what their hand is now with the combination of the cards on the table. Once the next round of betting is complete, the dealer then issues the “turn.” The turn is simply another card to be placed next to the initial three.
- After this card is turned, another round of betting takes place. And, again, once betting is done, the final card is turned creating “the river,” which is the combination of all five cards on the table.
- A final round of betting takes place and once the betting is done, player show their hands and the highest hand wins.
Texas Hold Em has become one of the most popular types of poker because it has a higher grade of simplicities than draws or studs do. For this reason, it is a good idea to know how to play it if you are going into any gambling situation.