Looking for some pomegranate recipes? Pomegranates are an unusual but tasty fruits that have many seeds. Simple recipes using pomegranates are for dips, wings, salads and desserts. They add variety to your menu. There is a certain way to use the fruit and seed of the pomegranates when making recipes that is important to know. You can use pomegranates juice in many recipes if you do not want to handle the fresh fruit and seeds yourself. There are three steps to remove the seed from fresh pomegranates. First cut off the top then cut into four pieces. Place the sections in large bowl of water. With your fingers roll the seed from the skin. Discard the skin and white pulp. Strain the water and put red seeds in the bowl. The fruit can be eaten with the seeds.
1. Spicy Pomegranate Wings
- 2 lbs of chicken wings
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Make sure wings are cut at joints. Line baking tray with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Put wings on baking tray bake at 350 to 400 degrees for one hour. Let cool.
- In a sauce on top of the stove add juice, chili garlic sauce, lime juice and garlic powder.
- Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens. Brush or pour over chicken wings.
- Return pan to oven bake another teb minutes. Serve.
2. Spicy Pomegranate Dip
- 1 16 ounce container of sour cream
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce.
- Put the sour cream in bowl or blender. Add pomegranate juice.
- Add cumin and hot sauce. Blend well. Put in bowl.
- Fold in pomegranate seeds. Chill in refrigerator for one hour.
- Serve with crackers or chips.
3. Blueberry Pomegranate Banana Fruit Salad
- 2 bananas peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 container blueberries washed
- Peel the banana and cut into slices. Sprinkle with lemon juice
- Arrange on plate. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
- Add blueberries. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Chill and serve with whipped cream.
4. Pork Chops with Pomegranate Molasses
- 2 pound center cut pork chops
- 2 cups of pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon
- In a pan heat the pomegranate syrup, sugar and lemon juice.
- Cook on medium high a half hour to 45 minutes. Let the syrup get thick..
- On a baking sheet or in pan put pork chops. Coat with syrup evenly on both sides.
- Broil the pork chops for about fifteen to twenty minutes on each side.
- Serve with white or brown rice.