Pot Roast Recipe Slow Cooker
Why work all day and come home to the chore of cooking dinner when you can follow a simple pot roast recipe slow cooker. Just put the meat, vegetables and seasoning in the slow cooker in the morning, go off to work, and come home to a fully cooked delicious dinner.
To make slow cooker pot roast, you will need:
- 2 pound beef roast
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots
- 1 large onion, quartered and pulled apart
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 envelope Knorr dry vegetable soup mix
- Garlic powder
- Prepare the ingredients for slow cooker pot roast. Wash and drain the baby carrots. Scrub the potatoes under running water and use a vegetable peeler to peel them. Cut the potatoes into one inch cubes, rinse, and drain. Cut both ends off the onion and peel under running water to lessen eye irritation. Cut the onion into quarters and pull the pieces apart.
- Prepare the pot roast. Remove the pot roast from the package and rinse under running water. Pat dry with a folded paper towel. Sprinkle garlic powder and salt on both sides of the meat. Set aside.
- Make slow cooker pot roast. Place the potatoes and baby carrots in the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the seasoned roast on top of the layer of vegetables.
- Mix the seasoning. Combine the dry vegetable soup mix and the beef broth in a small bowl and mix thoroughly. Pour the mixture in the slow cooker. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for eight hours.
If Knorr dry vegetable soup is not available, add your favorite spices and herbs like basil, red chili pepper, or rosemary to season the pot roast.
Always place raw vegetables in the bottom of the slow cooker because they cook slower than the meat.