Potato Salad Recipe Easy
Finding a potato salad recipe easy to prepare can ensure that your next Fourth of July picnic, summer meal or beach party has one of the main dishes that makes for good eating. There are many potato salad recipes out there but sometimes you need something easy to prepare if you're short of time or have a hundred other things to do. Here is a potato salad recipe easy and fun to make.
Things you'll need:
- 2 pounds of potatoes
- 5 eggs
- Large, chopped onion
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 12 oz. of sweet pickles or relish
- Seasoning (salt and pepper or your favorite)
- Boil potatoes. Place potatoes in a large boiler with enough water to cover them. Boil for approximately 12 minutes or until they are tender when poked with a fork.
- Drain potatoes and cool. Drain your boiled potatoes and place into the refrigerator to cool while you are preparing your other ingredients. This can be for as long as you wish since they will most likely still be warm after your ingredients are mixed.
- Boil eggs. Boil the 5 eggs in a pan of water until they are hard boiled - approximately 10 minutes. Cool them under cold running water until they are easy to handle, then peel them. Chop them up into small pieces and place in your mixing bowl.
- Chop or mash potatoes. Once your potatoes are cool enough to work with, chop them into small pieces or mash them for a mashed potato salad. Many people enjoy the chopped texture while others like a more smooth consistency; it's up to you to choose how you want to serve your potato salad.
- Mix ingredients. Mix in your eggs, mayonnaise, pickles or relish and onion. Mix well but if you choose the potato pieces instead of mashed potato salad, be sure not to stir too hard as to break up your potatoes too much. Add your favorite seasoning and taste it to be sure it is seasoned properly before serving.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate your potato salad recipe for approximately 2 hours or so. Be sure to cover with a plastic wrap because lids can cause condensation that will water down your potato salad. You can add a lid when you're ready to transport your potato salad.
Now you're ready to serve your potato salad recipe easy to make and fun to eat. You can add your own fun ingredients if you have more time and want to add something extra such as peppers, olives, sour cream or mustard.