For some, making pound cake recipes from scratch might sound like something only an experienced baker can pull off. But, believe it or not, homemade pound cakes can actually be pretty easy to make. Especially if you are working from a simple recipe that only requires a few ingredients. Back in the day, you just needed four basic ingredients; a pound of flour, a pound of butter, a pound of sugar, and a pound of eggs. Pound cake recipes have gotten a little more sophisticated since then. But this traditional dessert can still be easy to make.
To make a simple pound cake from scratch, you will need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter
- 1 3/4 cups of sugar
- 2 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3/4 cups of milk
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Also grease a tube pan and set it to the side.
- Let the butter sit out until it reaches room temperature. Once it’s soft, place the butter in a mixing bowl, and use a spoon to cream it.
- Add the sugar to the butter and mix the two together.
- Add the other ingredients (the flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla and milk) to the mixing bowl and stir them all together.
- Finally, add the eggs one at a time, stirring the batter after each addition.
- Pour the batter into the tube pan and set it in the oven. Let your homemade pound cake bake for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- After taking the pound cake out of the oven, let it cool for at least fifteen minutes before serving. You’ll be amazed that something that easy to make can taste so good.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.