Power Hour Playlist
With many variations to this alcohol fueled game, a solid soundscape is necessary and so the ten best songs for a power hour playlist are born. Sad songs will only slow someone down in this game as they give in to nostalgia and start bringing the mood down. Ready, set and turn this list of songs on:
- "P.W.O.M." Mc Chris' pre-party checklist song starts this power hour playlist off right. Don't leave this track behind or else you'll miss the proper beginning to the night. A frantic call for everyone to wait until he gets there, "P.W.O.M." brings the nerdcore and the party together forever.
- "5 Seconds." Take a musical blender out and mix Mike Patton with Dj Odd Nosdam and hit puree. A frenetic race to an unseen finish line gives this song a driving beat. Perfect for raging with the night, not against it.
- "Wilkommen im Nichts." This has a nice industrial feel as Eisbrecher brings the German language to the party along with a toolbox of beats and tempo building raises. "Wilkommen im Nichts" brings powerful angst to the power hour playlist. With short gentle breaks it propels you on in your drinking quest and gives you a shot of foreign culture as a bonus.
- "Bridge Burning." With drumbeats you could rest a drink on, "Bridge Burning" is nothing but an action movie distilled into a song. The Foo Fighters know how to keep you awake and running. This is a power hour playlist song that keeps your blood pounding and your mind focused as Dave Grohl shouts like the angel on your shoulder.
- "Fire." Some deep bass with subdued vocals makes this the perfect place to renew and rest in your race to the finish line. Ferry Corsten knows how to create a trance song that doesn't let you drift off into the nether. A perfect addition to the power hour playlist, "Fire" renews much like its real world counterpart.
- "Supermassive Black Hole." Muse gets your body back into the fray after your brief respite. "Supermassive Black Hole" is a wall of sound that hits you like a musical explosion and makes sure you're back on your feet. No one said that a little leg shaking was bad for you and with this song in your power hour playlist, you'll be moving whether you want to or not.
- "I Won't Tell You." This is a great double vocalist track that adds both fuel and shape to the stoked fire you have going. With "I Won't Tell You," Lacuna Coil grabs you by the weights and pulls you along like a rabid dog. There's no escape from this song and nor should there be.
- "Hooray for Beer." A love song just for the hops of it all. Bowling for Soup is one of the quintessential party bands and their mix of humor and musical talent ensures that you'll never give up. Without "Hooray for Beer," this power hour playlist wouldn't have the love for alcohol that's needed to complete your game.
- "Back with a Vengeance." Now it's time to finish strong, to break through that wall and set fire to the finish line yellow tape. "Back with a Vengeance" is a keg of energy drinks packed with herbal medicines from Mars. Devildriver's song doesn't pick you up so much as it throws you forward so try to not land on your face.
- "Souvenir." It's time for the night to move on and give way to the dawn. Ending with Morphine's "Souvenir" gives this power hour playlist a soft, smoky finish to your evening. Bass washes gently over everyone and the frantic actions of the recent past are washed away to return some other time at their leisure.