Powerlifting workouts can really help you improve your overall physical fitness and strength. This type of weightlifting usually utilizes the biggest muscle groups of your body, including the the chest, back and leg muscles. These exercises are considered to be fairly difficult and should be done with caution if you are a beginner. However, if done correctly and with proper form, you will see tremendous gains in your overall strength and fitness over a reasonably short period of time.
- Squats Squats are the ultimate powerlifting workout. They utilize almost all of your leg muscles and cause your body to release a lot of testosterone, which is great for building muscle mass. You can do high weight low repetition squats when reallly trying to pack on mass. Low weigh high repetition squats will burn a lot of fat and cause your legs to look ripped. You can also do deep squats or shallow squats to work on specific areas. Be sure to wear a weight belt and maintain proper form to prevent injury.
- Bench Press The bench press is another one of the most popular powerlifting workouts. You can do flat bench, incline bench, decline bench, flies and dumbell bench. All these different exercises will focus on different areas of the chest and will also hit the shoulders and triceps some as well. This exercise can be very tough if done with high weight and usually will require a spotter.
- Pull Ups Pull ups are an extremely under utilized workout. They are a great way to build to back muscles and also work the biceps. You can use a weight belt and strap weigh onto your waste when doing low rep workouts for building mass. They are easy to burnout with and really help release a lot of testosterone. Pull ups should be a crucial portion of every back workout. They give the body a "V" shape and help you maintain good posture.
- Deadlifts These are another great powerlifting exercise that work your back muscles. They help give you that Christmas tree look in your lower back and help you to maintain good posture and overall body physique. You need to wear a weight belt and be sure to use proper form with this exercise as it is easy to get injured if done incorrectly.
- Powercleans This is a very tough powerlifting exercise that really hits most of the muscles in your body. You will be working some leg muscles, some arm muscles and your shoulders. You should also wear a weight belt while doing this exercise and use proper form to prevent injury. Start with light weight if you are unsure of what to do because they can be extremely tough.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …