Prednisone Side Effects
There may be a number of different Prednisone side effects that a patient should be aware of before they begin taking this medication. Since the medication is used to treat many conditions such as: severe allergies, certain arthritis, multiple sclerosis and even conditions that affect the lungs is it advisable that patients understand these prednisone side effects to make sure that these symptoms are indeed a problem that is arising from their new medication and not a symptom of their underlying condition.
- Headache and dizziness: These are the two most common Prednisone side effects. They do not have to be reported to your physician unless they start to become severe.
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep: Sleep changes may be a side effect that you experience as you first start taking the medication. If these symptoms continue and severely interrupts your sleeping, then you should discuss the matter with your physician.
- Extreme changes in mood, or inappropriate happiness: These are some scary Prednisone side effects that can occur. If they continue, you may wish to discuss them with your physician.
- Increased hair growth, increase in fat growth, extreme fatigue: These can be annoying side effects. Yet, they really do not pose a danger to your health. However, if they persist and really bother you, you may wish to discuss them with your physician.
- Shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, swelling of the eyes, face, lips or tongue, difficulty breathing or swallowing: These are considered more severe Prednisone side effects. If you begin experiencing any of these, you should contact your physician at once.
Yes, there are Prednisone side effects. However, this doesn’t mean that any of them will affect you. You may take the drug and only find the relief you have searching.