You need to properly prepare for a diving competition if you are looking to give your best performance. There are different aspects of the diving competition that one needs to be accustomed for a more comfortable and competitive outcome on the day of the competition. Preparation is the key to be able to perform well in a diving competition whether win or lose.
- Practice your diving routine everyday like it is the day of the competition. If you seriously practice your diving routine well during your practice sessions, you are likely to give your best of mastering it whenever the actual day of the diving competition comes. The actual event of the competition will no longer intimidate you of performing your best diving routine.
- Try out different diving boards on your practice. One needs to be flexible in using varieties of dive boards since there is no standard board used for every diving competition. There are major differences between an indoor and outdoor diving boards and a diver should be able to know how to use both comfortably before the actual competition.
- Warm up before the diving competition. This is a very important flexibility routine to do before doing your actual diving routine. Make sure you have plenty of time to do this before your name is called to perform.
- Test out the dive board to be used for the competition. Being comfortable with the dive board plays a vital role in your dive performance. Make sure to test it out a day before the competition. Each board available may be different from each other therefore it is smart to test all dive boards on the dive competition venue.
- Arrive at the venue early. This will allow you to feel more comfortable with the buzz going on during the day of the competition and allow yourself to get used to the new environment and learn not to be distracted by the height of excitement among the spectators.
- Know your competitor’s diving routine. This will help you determine how much effort you need to do in order to be better than the other contestants from the diving competition. Your diving performance should be one that is different from the others to make your skills more noticeable to the judges and practice that diving performance well.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …