The following Prince discography will highlight his most popular albums as well as some that you may not have heard of. Prince's music catalog consists of at least one album a year for the past 33 years. Prince was born Prince Rogers Nelson in Minneapolis MN, on June 7, 1958 and released his first album "For You" in 1978. Here is a partial Prince discography.
- "Purple Rain" (1984). "Purple Rain" is the soundtrack to the movie of the same name. "I Would Die 4 U," "Baby I'm A Star," and "Purple Rain" were all recorded live at the 1st Ave. Club in Minneapolis, MN in the summer of 1983. "The Beautiful Ones," "When Doves Cry," and "Darling Nikki" were produced, arranged, composed and performed in the studio by Prince. "When Doves Cry" was the biggest hit of many on this album.
- "1999" (1982). This is another album that was produced, arranged, composed and performed by Prince, but it also credits some very talented musicians. This album had many hits such as, "1999," "Little Red Corvette," as well as the provocative and sexually charged "International Lover" and "Let's Pretend We're Married." It also features the dance hit "Lady Cab Driver."
- "Batman" (1989). This is also a soundtrack album to the movie of the same name. Prince's late father John L. Nelson was a co-composer on the song "Scandalous," and Sheena Easton lent her talent and vocals to the song "The Arms of Orion," all other songs were produced, arranged and performed by Prince.
- "The Gold Experience" (1995). This album features Prince & The New Power Generation, it has a mix of funk, soul, dance and rap songs. "The most Beautiful Girl in The World" is a dedication to the women of the world. It also features the classic Prince style, with hits like the funky "Billy Jack Bitch" and "P. Control."
- "Prince" (1979). This is the album that made Prince his first fans outside of Minnesota. It is packed with hits, all of which were produced, arranged, composed and performed by Prince. "I Wanna be You're Lover," and "Sexy Dancer" were popular dance hits, while the sultry "When We're Dancing Close and Slow" was a hit with lovers. The album also thanks talented musicians Bobby Z and Andre Cymone.