Prior Lake Schools
Those who are in the education sector may consider starting or continuing their careers in Prior Lake Schools. The district is composed of twelve schools in total with a student teacher ratio of 17:1. In terms of remuneration packages, Prior Lake Schools rank number 21 in average salary in the United States. The over six thousand enrolled students in the system is serviced only by 373 full time teachers. Open job positions are available and these can be browsed on the district website and likewise an option to apply is also available after you browse through the job offerings.
- Bridges Area Learning Center. This is a school open for Grades 9 thru 12 with a trimester schedule. Plenty of elective classes are available covering Art, Family and Community Services, Information Technology and Business. Work programs are available for eleventh and twelfth grade students.
- Grainwood Elementary. This school has one of the lowest average class sizes at 8, with more full time teachers at 65 and also more classrooms. A majority of students are in the upper elementary levels. It offers arts and choral programs as well as special education programs that include the mentally challenged learners.
- Hidden Oaks Middle School. This is one of the top performing schools in the Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment Tests. IT offers special education programs, as well as vocational education programs. The school also focuses on art, band and choral and Literature, Speech/Debate development.
- Jeffers Pond Elementary. This school is another top performer in the MN Comprehensive Assessment Tests. They also offer adult education programs as well as English as Second Language classes. The school prides itself as being autism specialists in their special education programs.
- Westwood Elementary. Westwood has one of the highest ranks in reading competency in the state. It also has one of the lowest student to teacher ratios. It is one of the few schools in the district that has a focus on computer science as an offered program.