For those interested in learning about the Pristiq side effects, there are many to consider. Pristiq is usually prescribed as a medication to treat depression, and it contains desvenlafaxine succinate as an active ingredient. Though Pristiq does have many side effects, it is not considered addictive or habit forming.
- Stomach, bowel, and urinary tract problems. Pristiq has been known to cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and constipation. Other issues include difficulty passing urine and loss of appetite.
- Changes in behavior. Considering that Pristiq is an antidepressant, it also affects mood and behaviors. Some behavior changing side effects include anxiety and nervousness, the jitters or irritability and feeling detached from oneself. Other side effects are difficulty sleeping, abnormal sleeping patterns or dreams, problems with sexual functionality, muscle stiffness and apathy.
- Difficulty concentrating or working. Many Pristiq users have difficulty working, because of yawning, headache, fatigue, chills, and muscle weakness. Rapid heartbeat, and dizziness or fainting when standing can also impact concentration.
- Changes in appearance. Another side effect of taking Pristiq, is seeing a difference in your physical appearance. Some differences are sweating in excess, hot flushes, and rash. This antidepressant can also lead to weight loss or gain, bruising or bleeding more easily, and swelling of the face or throat.
- Changes in your senses. Another side effect of Pristiq is that it can impact sight, hearing, touch, and taste. This includes numbness, dilated pupils, ringing in the ears, blurred vision, dry mouth, visual disturbances and altered taste.
- Unrecognizable side effects. Pristiq can also cause side effects that you may not be aware of. It can cause a rise in blood pressure, rise of blood cholesterol levels, and protein in the urine. This is why it is important to follow up with your doctor.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.