In wrestling, it is vital to have the proper wrestling stance. It keeps you prepared for the match and makes it more possible for you to defend yourself. Several factors come into play, including the placement of your feet, legs and even your upper body. Keep all of these steps in mind when considering how to use a proper wrestling stance.
- Place both hands in front of you. Bend your arms at the elbow in a comfortable manner and don't position them straight out toward your opponent, so that you can more easily defend yourself. Amateur wrestling requires this stance.
- Relax your hands. Keeping your hands in a relaxed, comfortable position will better enable you to strike out at an opponent. This is the proper stance in amateur and high school wrestling.
- Spread your legs shoulder-width apart. Keep your knees bent at a comfortable angle. If you are right-handed, place your left foot slightly forward. If you are left-handed, you should position your right foot slightly forward. This wrestling stance helps when you have to strike at your opponent or defend yourself. However, you should switch the positioning of your feet if it feels at all uncomfortable.
- Hunch over slightly. This wrestling stance helps you to be quicker to deliver both offense and defense moves in a match. Standing up with your back ramrod straight is certainly not conducive to wrestling.
- Bend your head slightly downward. Keep your eyes straight ahead, on your opponent. You want to be able to see the other person coming at you and delivering a move, so be prepared. This is one of the most important aspects of having a proper wrestling stance.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!