Are you wondering which nutrients can be added to a diet as prostate health supplements? Do you need to know what will support healthy prostate gland function and prevent illness? Learn about the best nutritional dietary supplements for prostate health.
A small, doughnut-shaped sex gland encircling the urethra, the prostate gland is responsible for creating prostate fluid. While the role of the prostate is limited to the production and release of semen, the well-being of this gland is essential for a man's health. Over time serious problems can occur, from an enlarged prostate to cancer. Taking specific prostate health supplements is something you can do to offer natural support and take control of your health.
- Take coenzyme Q10 along with coenzyme A. Together these nutrients will help the immune system eliminate dangerous substances. Coenzyme Q10 also improves cellular oxygenation for improved healing.
- Selenium is a very important prostate health nutritional supplement. This mineral is necessary for proper functioning. It also acts as a powerful antioxidant, protecting prostate cells from free radical damage.
- Quercetin is another valuable supplement for prostate health. It is useful in cases of prostatitis for reducing inflammation. This flavonoid also deters tumor growth.
- Essential fatty acids are also necessary for prostate gland functioning. Take flaxseed, borage, or evening primrose oil supplements.
- Take garlic regularly. Garlic boosts immune function and protects the body from bacterial infection.
- Zinc and copper are two beneficial prostate gland supplements. Zinc deficiency has been associated with prostatitis and prostate cancer. This mineral supports immune function. Copper is needed to balance with zinc.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.
What Makes Men Attractive To Women
Made Man interviewed University of Texas professor of clinical psychology Dr. Cindy M. Meston, author of Why Women Have Sex, to find out what really attracts women to men. Turns ou ...