PS3 Stuff You Should Know: 5 Tips
The best PS3 stuff you should know: 5 tips revolves around making sure as hell that you get the very best out of your Playstation 3. In order to know how to milk each and every single ounce of pleasure and use out of your PS3, you have to be in the know about all the insider tricks and tips about this computer entertainment machine.
- Remote Control. Your handy-dandy PS3 remote control is not something to take for granted because it can do fundamental and convenient operations for you, the reason it sits at number one on this list of the PS3 stuff you should know. Turn off your PS3, yet keep the switch on its back to the "on" position. In this mode, the PS3 will use no power, but still be sitting on a ready position. All that's left is to hit a key on the PS3's remote--and the PS3 will be ready to link up to it.
- Video Reset. One of the most powerful commands you have at your disposal with the PS3 is its video reset option. This permits you to regress and pick the TV-viewing mode that is to your liking in the unfortunate event that your PS3 settings somehow get screwed up. To engage the video reset feature, just turn off the PS3 and then restart the machine by pressing and then holding (holding the power button is key here) the power button. This will cause the machine to go back to its most fundamental 480p mode, from which you can choose any other TV-viewing display.
- Store What You Want. The third-best PS3 stuff you should know consists of using the machine to store all your important bits of data. Simply head to the settings option and then the backup utility selection. In this mode, the PS3 will attempt to look for any device that is attached to your PS3 for the purpose of using it as a backup location. For instance, any cards in any slots at all will be detected by the PS3, as will any external hard drives which have been plugged into the PS3's USB.
- Light Show. If you want to take a short break from playing your brains out on video games, use your PS3 to access the music visualizer. Just choose a music selection and then hit the triangle button to establish the control panel on screen. Pick the second choice in the top row and then hit the cross button. You will now get the music visualizer in a full-frame mode where you can enjoy the eye-popping graphics as you listen to your favorite music selection.
- Check Your Online Funds. The final best PS3 stuff you should know consists of using it to check your online funds. If you select the Friends option and then venture to Account Management, you will be allowed to not only see everything you've already downloaded to date, but also the chance to add more money to your online wallet.