Contrary to some speculation, making pulled pork recipes can be as easy as dumping a few ingredients into a slow cooker. In fact, this just might be one of the most easy and impressive pulled pork slow cooker recipes ever. Once mastered, which is exceedingly easy, almost any type of meat and sauce can be used in place of the pork and barbecue sauce, making it a very cost and time effective meal idea. Whether you live in a dorm or have a family of five, you have just got to try this mouth watering recipe.
What you will need to serve eight people:
- 2 lbs. pork tenderloin or shoulder
- 12 fluid oz. of root beer or cola
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 18 oz. bottle of barbecue sauce
- 8 hamburger buns or crusty rolls
What you need to do:
- Rub the meat with some salt, pepper and the crushed garlic.
- Use a sharp knife to poke holes into the pork.
- Place the pork into the slow cooker.
- Pour the root beer over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low for six to seven hours.
- Drain and shred the meat with a fork and stir in the barbecue sauce.
- Serve on the buns and enjoy!
Tips and suggestions:
- Cheaper cuts of meat will work as well as the more expensive cuts.
- The meat should shred easily. If it doesn't, allow it to continue cooking until it does, checking about every 30 minutes.
- If too much of the liquid dissolves, add a bit of water or broth to the slow cooker.
- When using different types of meat and smaller cuts, less time is needed for the cooking process. Practice makes perfect!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.