Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Canned Pumpkin
If you are looking for something easy to make and absolutely delicious try this pumpkin bread recipe with canned pumpkin. If you can use a measuring cup and mix ingredients together in a bowl you can make this recipe. Pumpkin bread is a traditional fall recipe but can be enjoyed year round. Make sure that you use canned pure pumpkin and not the spiced canned pumpkin that is also in stores. Most of the ingredients you should already have in your cupboard.
To make this pumpkin bread you will need:
- 16 ounce can of pumpkin
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup oil (vegetable)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon. cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir in the eggs, water, oil and pumpkin and keep stirring until the batter is well blended. Use either a spoon or a mixer to mix.
- Lightly grease and flour two 9 inch by 5 inch loaf pans by sprinkling flour into the greased cake pans.
- Fill each pan 2/3's of the way up with batter.
- Bake for one hour.
- Test for doneness by sticking a knife into the loaf; if the knife comes out clean the pumpkin bread is done. If there is batter on the knife return the loaves back into the oven for another five minutes and test again.
Let the pumpkin bread cool for ten to fifteen minutes and then slide a sharp knife around the edges of the pan to loosen the bread. Turn the pan over and the freshly baked pumkin bread will be ready to serve. This bread freezes very well when wrapped tightly in foil. It also makes a great gift when wrapped in clear plastic wrap or foil.