Pumpkin Seed Recipes
When searching for the best pumpkin seed recipes, remember to try the ones in this article. Pumpkin seeds are very versatile and in this article you will be shown many ways to eat these healthy and nutritious seeds. Pumpkin seeds have lots of magnesium and are good for snacking at any time of the day. Crunchy Granola With Pumpkin Seeds Ingredients:
- 4 cups of oatmeal
- 1 cup of almonds and walnuts mixed, chopped
- 1/2 cup of green pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup of dried apricots, diced in small pieces
- 1/3 cup of virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of salt
- Grease a large rectangle baking dish. In a large bowl add the above ingredients except the apricots and mix around.
- With your hands, rub the oatmeal mixture together and coat all the pieces. Add additional water as needed.
- Place in the greased baking dish. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until the granola is brown and crunchy.
- Stir the granola periodically to avoid burning. Remove from the oven and add in the dried apricots. Store in an airtight container.
Pumpkins Seeds Baked With Paprika Ingredients:
- 1/2 pound of whole raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tablespoons of virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of ground paprika
- Place the raw pumpkin seeds on a baking tray. Drizzle the olive oil over the top of the pumpkin seeds.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds with paprika. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Remove from the baking tray to cool slightly. Serve with lemonade or ice tea.
Whole Wheat Crackers With Oats and Pumpkin Seeds Ingredients:
- 2 cups of whole wheat oats
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 5 Tablespoons of cold butter
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
- Place the whole wheat oats in a food processor and process on medium speed. When the oats are a fine powder, add in the flour, sugar and baking powder. Pulse all the ingredients until mixed.
- Add in the butter, one tablespoon at a time. Pulse each time. When the butter is mixed with the flour, you should see a coarse grain.
- Pour in the cold water all at once and pulse until the cracker dough become a ball. Remove from the processor and roll out on a floured board.
- When the cracker dough is 1/8 inch thick, spread the green pumpkin seeds all over the dough and gently push into the dough. Do not mix the pumpkin seeds with the flour mixture. This will give the crackers a look of seeds on top of the cracker.
- With a knife cut into small crackers. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for fifteen to eighteen minutes or until done.
- Allow the crackers to cool for a few minutes. Store in an airtight container. These crackers are great with yogurt cheese.