Quail Hollow Championship Results: 2009
The Quail Hollow Championship Results from 2009 saw a very competitive field. Only four strokes separated the top ten golfers, with a two way tie for second and a six way tie for fifth. Here are the results from the 2009 Quail Hollow Championship.
- Sean O'Hair. O'Hair finished first with 277 at Quail Hollow, representing his latest win. His two previous wins were in 2008 and 2005 at the PODS Championship and John Deere Classic, respectively.
- Bubba Watson. One of the few left-handed golfers on the Tour, Watson finished with a 278, tying him with Glover for second place.
- Lucas Glover. The 2009 U.S. Open Champion tied Watson for second place at the Quail Hollow Championship.
- Tiger Woods. Known as the best golfer in the game, Woods faltered in the latter three rounds after shooting a 65 in the first. He and O'Hair were the only golfers to be alone in their positions in the top 10 of the Quail Hollow Championship.
- Jonathan Byrd. The 31-year old Byrd stood atop the five way tie for fifth with an impressive 66 on the final round.
- Phil Mickelson. The legendary Phil Mickelson would shoot impressive on the end rounds with 67s, but struggled in the third with a 75 at the Quail Hollow Championship.
- Tim Petrovic. Petrovic has only won one PGA Tour event at the Zurich Classic of New Orleans in 2005. He had a consistent performance across the board at Quail Hollow in 2009.
- Ted Purdy. After losing his rights in 2008 to play, Purdy managed a top-10 finish in the 2009 Quail Hollow Championship in this five way tie for fifth.
- Ian Poulter. Poulter would improve in most rounds (71-70-70-69) but it would not be enough to break above the tie.
- Jason Dufner. After a 67 in the first round of the 2009 Quail Hollow Championship, he would shoot 71s the rest of the way to land him on the bottom of the five way tie for fifth.