Quiche Recipes Easy
Looking for quiche recipes that are easy to make? The egg pie known as quiche was created in the Lorraine region of France; modern quiche Lorraine contains bacon, Swiss cheese and onions. Quiche is simple and works for any meal. Try serving it for brunch, a light dinner or holiday appetizers.
To make an easy quiche recipe, you will need:
- one pie crust, in a 9-inch deep dish pie tin or tart pan
- four large eggs
- two cups half-and-half or heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- eight slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- one cup Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- Prick holes all around the pie crust and cover it with foil. Bake at 425 for ten minutes. This will keep the crust of the quiche from getting soggy.
- Beat together the eggs and heavy cream or half-and-half. Add salt and pepper.
- Remove the foil from the pie crust. Sprinkle the bacon, cheese and onion evenly over the crust.
- Pour in the beaten egg mixture. Bake at 325 for 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool before cutting and serving.
Quiche recipe easy alternatives:
- For an easy vegetarian quiche, use seeded and chopped tomatoes, blue cheese, sauteed mushrooms and diced red pepper in place of the bacon, Swiss cheese and onion.
- Caramelized onions are great in a quiche. To make them, slice onions thinly and cook them in butter over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until soft and browned.
- Smoked fish, such as salmon or trout, makes for an elegant but easy quiche recipe.