If you view yourself as a unique individual, you may want to learn some quotes about being yourself. Quotes about being yourself have been uttered by modern and ancient people. Some hearken back to the days of childhood, while others are a bit more erudite. However, all quotes about being yourself will provide you with ammo to remain a non-conformist in a wold of conformity. Here are ten quotes about being yourself that are memorable and memorizable.
- "There's only one in this wonderful world. You are special." This quote by Fred Rogers was used to teach children they are worthwhile individuals. There is a comfort in knowing that, even as adults, this still holds true.
- "Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!" This quote from Dr. Seuss is an echo from childhood. Written in his book "Happy Birthday to You!" it's the perfect quote to share on a birthday or any day.
- "Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." This quote comes from Judy Garland, a true original who came to a tragic end. Her quote reminds us that we can never reach our potential by trying to fill someone else's shoes.
- "He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away." This quote about being yourself comes from playwright and author Raymond Hull. It's a warning against reshaping ourselves to please others.
- "It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not." This quote is attributed to French author and Nobel Prize winner Andre Gide. It's a reminder that being true to who you really are isn't always easy.
- "It is not worth an intelligent man’s time to be in the majority. By definition, there are already enough people to do that." This quote about being yourself comes from English mathematician and essayist G. H. Hardy. It's a humorous reminder that the status quo will survive without our help.
- "If you cannot be a poet, be the poem." This quote from actor David Carradine is simple but beautifully put. We create our poem, or our personal story, by the way we live out lives. It would be a truly boring world if all our "poems" were the same.
- "There is just one life for each of us: our own." This quote about being yourself is credited to the ancient Greek playwright Euripides. The quote shows us that the quest for individualism is as old as civilization itself.
- "This above all: to thine own self be true." This quote from William Shakespeare is spoken by Polonius in "Hamlet." Its eternal message makes it one of the most repeated lines in any Shakespearean play.
- "Wherever you go, go with all your heart." Many wise quotes are contributed to the ancient Chinese philosopher, Confucius. This quote reminds us that the best guide for living our life is our own heart.
Next time you want to stand out in a crowd, try out one of these quotes about being yourself. Or better yet, find a unique way to express your individuality by creating your own. Who knows, maybe the next famous quote about being yourself will be created by you!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?