Quotes about helping others are often just the thing to inspire people to help others. Service is a wonderful thing, and many people love to share their thoughts and experiences about it. A few quotes about helping others appear below.
- "Love all, feed all, serve all." Indian saint Neem Karoli Baba frequently shared this message when asked how to attain enlightenment. Neem Karoli Baba was the guru of Ram Das, the author of "Be Here Now", and devotional music star Krishna Das.
- "Do not wait for leaders. Do it alone, person to person." Mother Theresa shared this while explaining the process of helping others. Mother Theresa believed that you can change the world just by touching a few lives, so there's no need to save the world. All you need to do is start helping others.
- "I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world." Mother Theresa also shared this gem about being a vessel of spirit. She only had to surrender to the source of all love and allow herself to be used as a pencil.
- "When I feed the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist." Catholic Archbishop Dom Helder Camara of Brazil made this political statement in 1909. Dom was questioning the fact that some forms of service are much more politically safe than others. Helping others can hurt your reputation in some instances when powerful interests think you're stepping on their toes. Camara believed that questioning the source of poverty is indeed an act of helping others.
- "How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world." Many people convince themselves that their good deeds don't matter because they're so small in the scheme of things. There is so much need in the world that the thought of doing something about it can be overwhelming. William Shakespeare offers this quote about helping others so that we can remember the power of small acts.
- "We ourselves must be full of life if we are going to make life fuller for others." David Sawyer shared this quote to illustrate the fact that helping starts with "me". If the battery dies in your car, you don't want a jumpstart from another car with a dead battery. We must charge up our own batteries first and then help others.
- "Everybody can be great because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace, a soul generated by love." This quote about helping others comes from Martin Luther King Junior. Martin reminds us that it does not take special skills to help others. Fill your heart with grace and love and let that spill out into the world.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!