Quotes About Power
Politicians and famous folks are fond of using quotes about power. It is a way to show poise, strength and their knowledge of history. Here is a list of quotes about power to help to you sound big and important as well.
- Albert Einstein on power: “The attempt to combine wisdom and power has only rarely been successful and then only for a short while.” Einstein understood power and the power of the atom and the distructive effects his and other scientists work could have on the world.
- Winston Churchill: “The power of an air force is terrific when there is nothing to oppose it.” The stiff upper lip of the Prime Minister set the tone for the people of Great Britain during the Second World War. One of many inspirational quotes he offered up.
- Abraham Lincoln: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” President Lincoln certainly understood the power of his Presidency and was a lawyer and scholar. He was also well schooled in the previous rulers that came before him.
- Napoleon Bonaparte: “I love power. But it is as an artist that I love it. I love it as a musician loves his violin, to draw out its sounds and chords and harmonies.” Napoleon didn’t just nearly rule the world—he was quite suave as well.
- Henry Kissinger: “Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac.” The lifelong political insider and warmonger should know a thing or two about power. If you have ever seen Kissinger, you would know why his lady friends would need an aphrodisiac.
Posted on: May. 11, 2011