Whether they admit or not, most everyone has guilty pleasures including favorite quotes from songs for weddings. Gentle, tender, sentimental movies, books and songs provide a blessed escape from the harsh realities of life. Here are our top picks of guilty pleasure wedding song quotes that just happen to melt our butter.
- "When You Say Nothing at All" This passage from quotes from songs for weddings has been covered by many talented artists, but in our opinion, the best remake by far was Alison Krauss’s version. She practically whispered, “The smile on your face lets me know that you need me. There’s a truth in your eyes saying you’ll never leave me. The touch of your hand says you’ll catch me if ever I fall. You say it best – when you say nothing at all.”
- "Just the Way You Are" Billy Joel sang, “I said I love you, that's forever. This I promise from the heart. I could not love you any better. I love you just the way you are.” Who really believes that someone really understands the inner you, much less likes it and never wants you to change? Nevertheless, this makes our list of best quotes from songs for weddings mainly because of our endlessly quest for that remarkable combination of best friend and lover. After all, love is simply a wondrous friendship that is made into music.
- "I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing" When you think of Aerosmith, “romantic” is probably not the first word that comes to mind. However, “I don't want to close my eyes; I don't want to fall asleep; cause I miss you baby, and I don't want to miss a thing,” says it all in these best quotes from songs for weddings. When you love someone so much that you do not ever want to sleep again is slightly scary, but what a beautiful sentiment, especially when it is crooned by Steven Tyler, one of the hardest rockers of our generation.
- "From This Moment" The hardest metal-head thrasher is lying if he says it doesn’t make his arm hair stand up when Shania Twain hits that sustained, modulated crescendo in one of the most popular, heartfelt wedding songs ever recorded. Moreover, it would be remiss of us not to include it in the list of the best quotes from songs for weddings. “You're the reason I believe in love. You're the answer to my prayers from up above. All we need is just the two of us. My dreams came true because of you.”
- "In This Life" “Let the world stop turning. Let the sun stop burning. Let them tell me love's not worth going through, and if it all falls apart I will know deep in my heart, the only dream that mattered had come true. In this life I was loved by you.” Who better to make the list of best quotes from songs for weddings than the divine, Bette Midler? No one can turn a phrase or make you smile while you weep when she decides to pour on the sugar. While she’s not Janice, she’s the next best rose we have in our garden of quotes from songs for weddings.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!