Fans of power pitching know that many Randy Johnson stats are right up there with the best pitchers in major league baseball history. Johnson was an imposing figure on the pitcher’s mound, standing at six feet ten inches tall. His teammates dubbed him “The Big Unit.” He was a left handed pitcher and played for 22 seasons with six different teams. Johnson won a World Series ring in 2001 with the Arizona Diamondbacks, sharing Most Valuable Player honors with teammate Curt Schilling.
- Strikeouts. One of the Randy Johnson stats that stand out the most is his strikeouts. For his career, Johnson struck out 4,875 batters, second only to Nolan Ryan. Johnson holds the record for most 300 strikeout seasons with six. He also led the majors in strikeouts nine different times. His 10.61 strikeouts per nine innings is a record that may never be broken.
- No Hitters. Johnson hurled two no hitters during his career, including a perfect game in 2004. His perfect game was one of only eighteen in major league history since the start of the twentieth century. Johnson is also one of only 29 pitchers in big league history to have thrown multiple no hitters.
- Cy Young Awards. Another Johnson stat that he is known for are Cy Young awards. He won five of the top pitcher awards during his career, including a record four in a row. Only Roger Clemens has more Cy Young trophies than Johnson with seven.
- Wins. Johnson had 303 career wins, good enough for 22nd on the all-time stat list. His career winning percentage of .646 places him 30th on the all-time list. Johnson also had three twenty win seasons, including a personal high of 24 against just five losses in 2002.
- Earned Run Average (ERA). Johnson had a career ERA stat of 3.29. He led the majors with the lowest ERA four different times. His personal best was 2.48, which he recorded in 1995 and then again in 1999.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…