Not all rapper quotes about money are arrogant and self-centered. Yes, some rappers brag about how much money they have, but others talk about how it can wreck lives. Whether the entire song is about money, or just a line, the topic often comes up in rap songs. All these rapper quotes about money vastly differ from one another, which showcases how broad the subject is covered.
- "I'm tryin to make a dollar out of fifteen cents. It's hard to be legit and still pay tha rent." 2Pac rapped this quote about money in his song "Keep Ya Head Up." 2Pac is a rapper who wrote truthful lyrics about personal experiences. This quote about money explains how he wants to provide for his mother with legit wages. He wants to stay away from selling drugs, but it is hard when that income was bringing in more than his career as a rapper. "Keep Ya Head Up" is from the 1993 album "Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z."
- "I ain’t coming out for less than a 100 thou." In the remix version of "Hello Goodbye", female rapper Nicki Minaj says this quote about money. This particular quote is Minaj saying that she will not do a verse, or play a show for less than one hundred thousand dollars. Her entire verse is about how she is on top of the rap world, and this quote is her saying she deserves top dollar. It could also be an ode to model Linda Evangelista's famous quote about money in which she said, "“I don't get out of bed for less than $10,000 a day.”
- "I don't know what, they want from me, it's like the more money we come across the more problems we see." This rapper quote about money can ring true with many different types of people. Money is supposed to make life easier, but it can often bring on new problems. It could can refer to when people come into money, there is suddenly a line of people wanting a piece of your new found wealth. This quote is the chorus to the Mase, Puff Daddy, and Notorious B.I.G. song "Mo Money Mo Problems." The rap song is from the 1997 album "Life After Death."
- "Cash Rules Everything Around Me. C.R.E.A.M. Get the money. Dollar, dollar bill y'all." This quote about money is from the song "C.R.E.A.M." by Wu-Tang Clan. Some of the verses express how the greed of money led to dealing drugs, which ultimately got them jail time. There are more important things than money, but in the world of rappers sometimes it seems to be top priority. The line is the chorus of "C.R.E.A.M." and is rapped by Wu-Tang Clan member Method Man.
- "You already know, you light I'm heavy roll, heavy dough. Mic macheted your flow, your paper falls slow like confetti, mines a steady grow." An extremely well written, and clever quote about money comes from rapper Jay-Z. This line is from his song "Dead Presidents II" which is off the 1996 album "Reasonable Doubt." The term "Dead Presidents" is slang for money. This particular quote has Jay-Z rapping about how he has more money than other rappers. His rapping skills on the microphone has cut into other rappers pay. The quote is Jay-Z bragging about how the amount of money he has keeps increasing with every song he releases.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …