What are the rare blood types? If you are asking this question, you've come to the right spot. Here you will learn about the rare blood types and why they are rare. Having a rare blood type will cause no health issues, as rare blood types are just like other blood types. The only issues you may run into is problems with blood transfusions, if you ever need one. Rare blood types are rare because they are somewhat difficult to find and not very common in most people. Below is a list of rare blood types, and a little information about each one.
- AB Negative. AB Negative is the rarest blood type, and less than a percent of the world's population has this rare blood. There will be slight differences in the rarity of blood types depending on location and country, but generally, this blood type is not seen very often.
- B Negative. This blood type is also extremely rare, and only about two percent of the population has this type of blood. In general, all blood types that are negative are more rare than the positive. B Negative is the second rarest type of blood in the world.
- O Negative. Also very rare, O Negative blood is seen in only in a few people. But unlike other rare blood types, O Negative can be used for red blood cell donations to almost any other blood type in existence. This is why O Negative blood types are often called "Universal donors".
- AB Positive. This blood type is certainly not as rare as AB Negative or B Negative, but it is still somewhat rare and hard to find. AB Positive is seen in fewer than five percent of the world's population.
- A Negative. A Negative blood type is seen in approximately only 6 percent of the general population, making it somewhat rare. Although A Negative donors can give blood to four blood types, A Negative blood types may only receive A Negative or O Negative blood types.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Liev Schreiber Is a Bit Nicer Than Ray Donovan
With Season 2 underway, the actor explains how he relates to the nefarious character he plays.
Field Test: LA’s Best Valets Take on the Stingray
There are no wiser men than Hollywood car parkers to gauge the true star power of an automobile...
Lucy Kicks Ass, Metaphysics, Logic
If you are willing to relax, get on board and tweak your suspension-of-disbelief meter to 11, it’s not the worst way to spend 89 minutes.