There are many rash on face causes and they all can be irritating to have. A rash is described as an area of skin that becomes reddened or chafed. The characteristics of a rash is if the skin is red, swollen or itching and has other kinds of skin lesions. Additionally, the skin area that has a rash may be warm to the touch, contain flakes or cracks, and is sensitive and dry.
- Razor Burn Rash One of the most common rash on face causes for men is razor burn. Shaving removes the moisture from the face and can cause soreness and inflammation. When a man shaves, it makes the face very dry, irritated and sensitive. This friction leaves the face with visible rashes and bumps which can be painful and ugly.
- Allergic Reaction Rash Another rash on face causes is an allergic reaction. This rash can not only be on the face, but on other parts of the body. This allergic reaction rash can be caused by a drug allergy, animal allergy or drug side effect.
- Insect Bite Rash A rash on the face can be caused by an insect bite. There are quite a few people that will develop a rash among other symptoms if they are stung by a bee. Other insects that might cause a rash are mosquitos, spiders and ticks.
- Acne Teenagers and young adults are very prone to having acne which is another rash on face cause. Acne can develop pimples and a red sore rash when hair follicles get blocked under skin. Hormone changes play a big role in developing acne.
- Contact Dermatitis A cause of rash developing on the face is contact dermatitis which in turn causes an itchy rash. A common cause of contact dermatitis rash is poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac. These plants emit a sticky substance called urushiol. You can develop a poison ivy rash if you touch the roots, stem, leaves, shrub or vine, get the urushio on your hands and then touch your face thereby transferring it onto your face which develops the rash.
- Irritant Contact Dermatitis This rash on the face is caused by being in contact with something that is irritating to you. Common items are detergent, soap, or a chemical. Since sunburn is red and may itch when it is healing, it can even be an irritant contact dermatitis rash.
- Eczema This type of rash is also known as atopic dermatitis. This rash is common to children, but adults also get it. Eczema can appear on the face as a dry, bumpy, chapped rash or a more serious case which shows scaly, swollen and red skin.
- Shingles Another rash on face cause is shingles which spreads to the entire body and is a very painful rash. Most people who get shingles are over 50 years old or have a weakened immune system. Shingles is an infection that is caused by reactivation of the chickenpox virus that lays dormant when you have chickenpox as a youngster.
- Fifth Disease This rash on face cause usually happens to children but adults have been known to come down with it. This disease produces a distinctive red rash on the face that spreads to other parts of the body and can itch. The rash that is caused is actually a viral illness.
- Lupus A butterfly shaped rash that covers the bridge of the nose and the cheeks on the face could be lupus. Additionally, skin lesions can appear and worsen if you are out in the sun a lot. No two lupus cases are the same so it is best to check with a medical professional to get a proper diagnosis.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.