People have often wondered what are the rated R movie rules that are used for motion pictures. Movies receive there rating from an organization called the Classification & Rating Administration. According to the Classification & Rating Administration an R-rated movie is a movie that contains some adult material. Adult material can mean several different things. Here is a brief list of the rules that are used to give movies an R rating.
- Adult themes. According to CARA, adult themes are defined as: "Issues dealing with aspects of adult life that are potentially harmful to minors, or disturbing. Adult themes may include verbal references to and depictions associated with issues such as suicide, crime, corruption, marital problems, emotional trauma, drug and alcohol dependency, death and serious illness, racism, religious issues."
- Adult activity. This Rated R movie rule is very similar to adult themes. It is defined activity of adult life that may be harmful to minors. Such things as smoking, drinking committing crimes and injury of a person are included with this rule.
- Hard language. This rated R movie rule is about the use of course or offensive language in a motion picture. This may include curse words, words that are graphic in a sexual nature and words that can be considered racist, offensive to women or against a particular religion or group.
- Intense or persistent violence. This Rated R rule is pretty self explanatory. Graphic and excessive violence greatly increases the chances of a movie receiving an R rating
- Sexually-oriented nudity. This rated R rule applies to sexual nudity in movies. This rule is used mostly in regards to love scenes in movies that contain nudity.
- Drug abuse or other elements. This rated R rule applies to drugs or dangerous substance abuse in films.
It should be noted that the CARA states that: children under seventeen are not allowed to attend R-rated motion pictures unaccompanied by a parent or adult guardian. Parents are strongly urged to find out more about R-rated motion pictures in determining their suitability for their children. Generally, it is not appropriate for parents to bring their young children with them to R-rated motion pictures.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
You’re Not a Man Unless You Can Cook These 5 Meals
You're not off the hook: This list includes dessert.