Recipe blogs are excellent sites to discover dishes that range from the exotic to the mundane. Each blog is a repository of stories because it is often started as a form of a journal for the blogger to share stories through food to friends and families.
- Food Baby A 30-something-year-old woman named Susan from Brisbane, Australia runs this recipe blog. Tagged as “A chronicle of life, family and lots of food,” this blog is a collection of her attempts at baking and cooking. The recipes are very homemade and the chocolate oatmeal drop cookies and toasted almond scones sound very enticing.
- Domestic Diva This popular recipe blog stands out among your regular run-of-the-mill blog. Beyond the regular recipe section, it also has a review of restaurants and the Domestic Diva’s latest charity events. Launched by Jennifer Brody in 2009, this recipe blog has molded into a lifestyle and food blog, including a column for GeekWeek and cooking demos on the web for Justin TV.
- Dine & Dish Under the tagline “Family friendly recipes and menu planning ideas,” this recipe blog is run by a mother of four named Kristen. Recipes feature photos of the final product, including a delicious-looking photo of a grilled sandwich and pepper crusted pork loin with sour cream and onion sauce. The original Dine & Dish blog features the family’s success and failures in cooking and entertaining guests while a newly added section called “Dishing it up family style” updates readers on the family itself, including photos of new additions such as an adorable baby.
- Simply Recipes Maintained by Elise Bauer, Simply Recipes is a fantastic blog with recipes that date back to decades of trial and error by the Bauer family. The recipe section is organized by food type, meal type and even dietary restrictions (vegetarian, budget, low carbohydrates and more). The instructions are very clearly written and easy to follow, making this a great recipe blog both for beginners and experienced cooks.
- Big Red Kitchen Started by a half-Italian, half-Texan food lover named Robin Sue, this recipe blog features the usual suspects of pasta, beef and chicken recipes. Unlike other blogs, BRK has a beverage section where you can learn to make Shark Attack Popcorn and a Shark Attack Italian Soda while watching "Jaws" on TV with the kids.
- The Spiced Life Recipes feature a diverse range of food, from Scottish shortbread to Tahi curry. The blog contains a glossary of terms as well as identifying the type of ingredients used with special emphasis that all eggs used are free-ranged and locally farmed. This is a blogger with a conscience.
- Spicy Ice Cream Lisa, a graphic designer who loves cooking, maintains this recipe blog. Based in Sydney, Australia, Spicy Ice Cream is a window to Aussie food and culture. The site features cuisine from different parts of the country, prepared and cooked either by herself or someone else, stumbled upon while Lisa was traveling.
- Morning Coffee and Afternoon Tea This is an interesting blog that also features recommended books and kitchen gadgets. The dessert section includes some healthy and tasty recipe for cranberry orange granola and pumpkin custard. The blogger’s bias for coffee, tea and chocolate is prominent and this is the perfect site for those who share the same love.
- Gastronomy Domine A Cambridge-based woman named Liz Upton is the woman behind this recipe blog. Running under the banner, “Recipes, reviews and the ruination of my figure,” the blog carries a nice, funny tone with a well-written personal narrative.
- Bunny’s Warm Oven Bunny Engle is the woman behind this site. It also offers a recipe for margarita cupcakes and recipes recreated from TV, such as a stewed cinnamon chicken featured on "Oprah."