Recipe For Chicken Tortilla Soup
If you are looking for an excellent recipe for chicken tortilla soup, look no further. Here is the perfect recipe for chicken tortilla soup. This dish is delicious and freezes really well.
- 1 cup of hominy
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 (4 oz.) container of frozen red chili
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp. of cilantro
- 1 tsp. of oregano
- 2 cups of cooked chicken
- 1 chopped avocado
- 1 cup of shredded Monterey cheese
- 2 tbsp. of green onions
- 1 quart-sized soup pot
- 1 cup of tortilla strips
- Take one tablespoon of olive oil and pour it in the soup pot. Place the soup pot to the stove. Turn on the heat to medium.
- Add one teaspoon of oregano to the pot. Then add one tablespoon of cilantro. After that, add one tablespoon of green onions.
- Chop the garlic cloves into pieces. Add the garlic to the same pot. Allow those spices to heat up just until you smell the spices.
- Add the red chili to the pot. Stir the spices together with the red chili. When those are well blended and warmed up, add the chicken.
- Add the can of hominy. After that, add the chicken stock. Turn the heat to high for five minutes. Then reduce the heat to medium.
- Allow the mixture to cook for 40 minutes. Then reduce the heat to warm. Cook for another fifteen minutes.
- Remove the chicken tortilla soup from the heat and serve hot. Place the tortilla strips into each bowl. Add the cheese and garnish with the rest of the cilantro and green onions.
Remember this recipe for chicken tortilla soup for the next summer party. Consider serving the soup with margaritas on the terrace at a summer gathering. It is delightful.