Recipes For The Break Fast Of Yom Kippur
Looking for recipes for the breakfast of Yom Kippur? Breaking the fast of Yom Kippur involves foods that usually consist of three main ingredients: cheese, bread and eggs. You can get creative and find great ideas for breaking the fast of Yom Kippur. Yom Kippur is a Jewish holiday which is based around kosher foods, just as their entire religion is. Enjoy these great recipes to break the fast of Yom Kippur; they are sure to satisfy your friends and family every time they are made.
To make an easy potato cheese bake for the breakfast of Yom Kippur, you will need:
- 8 large peeled potatoes
- 2 cups of grated hard cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Throw a pinch of salt into the boiling water. Add the potatoes to the pot and cook until they are soft, not mushy. This should take around 50 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Take your potatoes out of the water and place them into a large bowl.
- Slightly mash the potatoes. Do not make them very smooth because they are meant to be airy in this great pie.
- Add in the cheese. Mix well. Add in your spices. Place the mixture into a large ceramic or glass dish for cooking.
- Cook in the oven uncovered for 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve and be prepared to fully enjoy this recipe for the breakfast of Yom Kippur.
To make sour cream coffee cake for the breakfast of Yom Kippur, you will need:
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups of butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray non-stick spray on a bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream your butter and sugar. Add your eggs and vanilla to the mixture. Sift your dry ingredients together separately, then add to the creamed mixture. In a separate mixing bowl, make a mixture of your brown sugar, mini chocolate chips and cinnamon. This will be your topping.
- Sprinkle one-fourth of the topping into the bundt pan. Pour half of the batter into the bundt pan. Sprinkle half of the topping into the middle of the bundt pan. Cover with the rest of your batter, followed by the rest of your topping, into the very top of the bundt pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Enjoy this amazing recipe for the breakfast of Yom Kippur.