Champagne punch made with white cranberry juice has all the taste of a fizzy, fruity punch without losing the golden color. A nice, big bowl of champagne punch requires two to three bottles of bubbly, but it's perfectly fine to use an inexpensive sparkling wine-save the expensive capital "C" French champagne for drinking by itself, not mixing.
Here's what you need for your basic white cranberry juice champagne punch:
- 2 750 ml bottles of domestic sparkling wine
- 1 64 oz bottle of white cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups club soda
- 1/4 cup simple syrup or superfine sugar
- Combine all ingredients except simple syrup/sugar in a large punch bowl. Stir gently; you don't want to beat the carbonation out of it.
- Spoon a small amount of punch into a cup and taste. If it needs more sweetness, gradually add syrup or sugar to taste. Always spoon punch into a cup to taste-don't sip from the stirring spoon.
Add a ring of ice (see below), if desired, and thin slices of lemon.
To make an ice ring:
- Pour water or white cranberry juice into a ring mold (a Bundt cake-type pan works well). Add pieces of fruit, if desired. Freeze until solid.
- White sangria-champange punch: Omit the club soda and add add 1 cup of orange juice and 1 cup of peach juice. Add slices of orange, peach, and star fruit.
- Mint champagne with white cranberry punch: Add 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves in Step 1.
- Green or blue champagne with white cranberry punch: add a teaspoon of green or blue unsweetened powdered soft drink mix in Step 1.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”