Champagne punch made with white cranberry juice has all the taste of a fizzy, fruity punch without losing the golden color. A nice, big bowl of champagne punch requires two to three bottles of bubbly, but it's perfectly fine to use an inexpensive sparkling wine-save the expensive capital "C" French champagne for drinking by itself, not mixing.
Here's what you need for your basic white cranberry juice champagne punch:
- 2 750 ml bottles of domestic sparkling wine
- 1 64 oz bottle of white cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups club soda
- 1/4 cup simple syrup or superfine sugar
- Combine all ingredients except simple syrup/sugar in a large punch bowl. Stir gently; you don't want to beat the carbonation out of it.
- Spoon a small amount of punch into a cup and taste. If it needs more sweetness, gradually add syrup or sugar to taste. Always spoon punch into a cup to taste-don't sip from the stirring spoon.
Add a ring of ice (see below), if desired, and thin slices of lemon.
To make an ice ring:
- Pour water or white cranberry juice into a ring mold (a Bundt cake-type pan works well). Add pieces of fruit, if desired. Freeze until solid.
- White sangria-champange punch: Omit the club soda and add add 1 cup of orange juice and 1 cup of peach juice. Add slices of orange, peach, and star fruit.
- Mint champagne with white cranberry punch: Add 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves in Step 1.
- Green or blue champagne with white cranberry punch: add a teaspoon of green or blue unsweetened powdered soft drink mix in Step 1.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.