Try one of many Red Star yeast recipes. This famous brand of yeast is available almost everywhere and makes very tasty bread. Not everyone gets the hang of kneading dough, but you won't need to know how to knead with this easy white bread recipe and the following roll recipe. Everyone loves fresh, warm, home-made bread, so don't expect this bread to hang around for long. Remember, fresh homemade bread doesn't contain the same preservatives as most mass-produced bread bought in your grocery store. Eat it within a few days, or it will soon get stale. Fresh bread is so delicious that most people never have a problem using it quickly.
To make this Red Star yeast recipe for bread, you will need:
- 3 cups of warm water (120 to 130 degrees)
- 2 tbsp of vegetable shortening
- 6 1/2 cups of bread flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 4 1/2 tsp active dry Red Star yeast
- 2 loaf pans
- mixing bowl
- cling wrap
- cooking spray
- Spray loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Put three and a half cups of flour in the mixing bowl. Add yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Add water and shortening.
- Mix at low speed until moist, then at medium speed for three minutes.
- Stir in remaining flour by hand to make a stiff batter. Cover with cling wrap.
- Put the bowl in a warm place for about thirty minutes. Dough will double in size.
- Stir with a spoon to deflate the dough. Divide dough in half. Place each half in a loaf pan. Cover each pan with cling wrap.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- While your oven preheats, allow the dough to rise again for about thirty minutes. Dough should reach the top of the pan.
- Bake for about thirty-five to forty minutes.
- Remove from pans immediately to cool. Brush with butter.
To make this roll recipe with Red Star yeast, you will need:
- 3 3/4 cups of bread flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 to 115 degrees)
- 4 1/2 tsp Red Star yeast
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 2 mixing bowl
- muffin pans
- non-stick spray
- cling wrap
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour flour, sugar, salt, and shortening in a mixing bowl and blend.
- Pour the water in a second mixing bowl. Add the yeast. Let this yeast and water mixture stand for three to five minutes.
- Stir yeast mixture. Add the egg and half the flour mixture to the yeast mixture.
- Beat with the mixer on medium for two minutes. Stop the mixer and add the rest of the flour mixture. Beat again for two minutes.
- Stop the mixer and scrape the mixture down the sides. Cover mixing bowl with cling wrap and let rise until doubled. (Let it sit in a warm place. It should take thirty minutes to double, but may take longer.)
- Grease muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Beat down batter with a spoon; then fill muffin cups about halfway full.
- Let the dough rise in the muffin pan until dough reaches the top of the muffin cups. This will take about another thirty minutes.
- Bake in oven for ten to fifteen minutes. Tops and sides should be browned.
- Remove rolls from the pan and allow to cool.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!