If you're looking to find some of the best reggaeton artists out there right now, then this group of reggaeton performers is bound to lead you in the right direction. From Daddy Yankee to Baby Rasta and Gringo, the reggaeton music genre has seen many impressive and memorable acts throughout its time. Reggaeton is a sub-form of urban Latin music which didn't really receive much mainstream exposure until around 2004 when it gained popularity in North America and other countries.
- Daddy Yankee. Born as Ramon Luis Ayala Rodriguez in Rio Piendras, San Juan, Daddy Yankee is an academy award-winning reggaeton artist and one of the best ones out there. His first solo album ever recorded was "No Mercy" which was followed by "El Cartel" and "El Cartel II".
- Baby Rasta and Gringo. Wilmer Alicea (Baby Rasta) and Samuel Gerena (Gringo) are a popular reggaeton artist duo whom originated from Puerto Rico. They are one of the most well-known and best reggaeton artists on the market, they first saw their rise to reggaeton fame with the hit single "El Carnaval (The Carnival)."
- Arcangel. Born as Autsin Santos in New York City, NY, Arcangel is one of the best reggaeton artists out there. Having moved to Puerto Rico at one point, Arcangel saw his rise to reggaeton fame when he collaborated with De La Ghetto, forming a popular reggaeton duo together.
- De La Ghetto. Born as Rafael Castillo in New York, NY, De La Ghetto is a popular cross-over reggaeton artist who is especially very well-known for his collaboration duo act with another reggaeton artist, Arcangel. His solo career kicked off with two smash hits: "Siente el Boom (Remix)" and Sensacion del Bloque."
- Don Omar. Born as William Omar Landron Rivera in San Juan, Puerto Rico, Don Omar is among one of the best reggaeton artists who rose to stardom back in the early 2000's with his first smash solo album, "The Last Don", which has reached the platinum level since then, selling over a million copies.