When you remove blisters on feet, you have to be extremely careful. This is because the vast majority of blisters are going to be painful. Blisters should usually not be literally removed from your feet. This means you should avoid draining and removing the blister unless it’s very large and swollen. If you don’t remove it, you should simply cover the blister loosely with a bandage so it can heal over time.
To complete this task, you need:
- Rubbing alcohol
- Sanitized gauze
- Antibiotic ointment
- Clean your hands. Before you remove a blister, wash your hands with soap and rinse them thoroughly. This will help prevent skin infections.
- Drain the blister. Sanitize a needle using rubbing alcohol. Then, use the needle to make a small hole in the very edge of the blister. Gently, push down on the blister, moving the liquid toward the needle hole. The liquid should drain.
- Wash your foot. Once the blister is drained, use soap and water to wash it thoroughly. Be gentle. The skin is most likely going to be tender. You should also be gentle to avoid tearing or ripping the leftover flap of skin, which will protect the exposed skin and speed up the healing process. Use sanitized gauze to dry the area.
- Cover the skin. First, add some antibiotic ointment over the blister. This will help prevent infection. Then, cover loosely with a bandage. Make sure the sticky part of the bandage is not touching the blister.
- Change the bandage. Every day or after your feet get wet or dirty, put a new bandage over the blister until the skin heals. To promote healing, do not do the activity or wear the shoes that get you the blisters on your feet.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.