If you want to remove calluses on feet, then odds are you are in quite a bit of discomfort. A callus is basically a hardened area of your skin that gets very thick and coarse from something continually rubbing up against it, such as an ill-fitting pair of shoes. Calluses, when left untreated, can actually become painful, and they can also be quite unsightly if you want to hit the pool or the beach this summer. Removing them may be your best option.
To complete this task, you will need:
- Foot bath
- Medicated bandage
- Pumice stone
- Soften the calluses with warm soapy water. Soak your feet in the warm water bath for about an hour. The calluses will get softer and are much less likely to be painful.
- Put a bandage over the calluses on your feet. This is a temporary measure to help prevent the calluses from getting worse. They can also diminish the calluses on your feet over time.
- Add a pre-treated callus removing bandage to the calluses. These bandages can be purchased from your local drug store. They contain medicated ingredients that help to protect and shrink the callus. Follow manufacturer instructions carefully when using this type of product.
- Moisturize the calluses on your feet. Use a high quality moisturizer to help soften the skin and remove the calluses. Moisturize several times a day, especially before you go out walking or running or before long periods of time when you will be on your feet.
- Use a pumice stone. A pumice stone can be rubbed against the calluses on your feet repeatedly to wear away the dry skin and remove each callus. Be careful when using pumice stones. They can be painful on skin that is not callused or on calluses that have become infected. If you suspect your callus may be infected, seek medical attention right away.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.