Anyone who wants to remove the Google background image they have in place can do so easily. In 2010, “remove Google background” reached the number two position in Google Trends for popular searches, as many people wondered how to get rid of the image and restore the classic white background. Google finally caught on and presented the proper steps.
You will need:
- Computer with Internet Connection
- Google/Gmail Account (optional)
Remove Background Image from Google:
- Open a web browser and go to www.google.com. Click on the account option in the top right corner of the page and log into your Google account using your Google name or email and password.
- From the main Google search page, scroll to the very bottom. On the left there is a link that says “Change background image.” Click this link.
- Select “Editor’s Picks” from the options for background images at the left side of the box that pops up. Scroll down to the very bottom of the Editor’s Pick section and select “white” for the plain background image. This should restore the original Google background.
Remove Background Theme from Gmail:
- To remove the background theme in Gmail, open your Gmail account and log in. In the top right corner, click once on the cog-looking icon to reveal the settings options. From the drop-down menu select “Mail settings.”
- In the Mail Settings section, there is a top navigation of underlined words. Click once on the word “Themes” which is second from the right in the top navigation menu.
- You can select a new theme from here. If you desire a plain white background and do not care for the color schemes in the top set of theme options, click on the last theme option that says “choose your own colors” and customize however you like.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.