Being able to repair the dirt bike exhaust can save you money when compared to taking it in the shop. Also, if you make the repair, you will save time and gain pride in your accomplishment.
Things you will need to repair dirt bike exhaust:
- Workbench or flat area
- High-heat paint
- Epoxy metal patch
- New gaskets and o-rings
- Inspect the exhaust system to look for damage. Dents are usually cosmetic and present no problem unless the dent is at a seal. Regardless of the dents, take care to look over the entire pipe to attempt to determine a cause. Identifying this will help you repair the dirt bike exhaust.
- Allow the exhaust system to cool. Take the pipe off of the bike. Look at all the gaskets and o-rings. These parts should be in good order without evidence of being crushed to repair the dirt bike exhaust. This is an important step to repair the dirt bike exhaust effectively.
- Take out the dents with a drill inserted through a pipe. A screw and washer is on the other side to keep it in place.
- Use the epoxy to fill all cracks. Smooth the surface and fill the drilled holes to repair the dirt bike exhaust.
- Reinstall the exhaust pipe on the bike and replace any of the o-rings or gaskets you identified as damaged during the initial inspection.
- Give the bike a final inspection. Make sure all parts are securely in position. Test drive the repair on the dirt bike exhaust.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.