Replace Iphone Battery
Want to learn how to replace an iPhone Battery? Unfortunately, as expensive as these little gadgets may be, eventually you might have to replace your iPhone battery. On the bright side, you do not have to ship you phone off to Apple to have them do it for you. Follow this “how to” guide to revitalize your iPhone instead. Please be advised that opening your iPhone will void any warranty that you may have left on it.
To replace iPhone battery, you will need:
- Phillips screwdriver
- a spudger
- battery replacement
- Remove screws delicately. This can be executed using a Phillips screwdriver.
- Remove display from back panel. Place a spudger between chrome ring and front panel.
- Separate panel from dock. Do this delicately as possible to prevent any damage to the ribbons.
- Disconnect the black ribbon cable. The cable can be identified by the label “1”.
- Rotate display into a vertical position. This makes disconnecting the remaining cables a little easier.
- Disconnect the black ribbon labeled “2”. Use the spudger.
- Release ribbon cable. Use the spudger to flip the plastic white tab which is attached the rest of the cables.
- Remove display from iPhone. Disconnect the black ribbon cable.
- Remove 8 screws from the motherboard. To remove the screws use the Phillip screwdriver.
- Disconnect ribbon “4”. Just disconnect the ribbon.
- Remove the motherboard. Again, do this delicately as possible to prevent any damage to the ribbons.
- Disconnect the remaining ribbons. Simply disconnect all of the other ribbons.
- Use spudger to lift camera up slightly. As it is still connected to the logic board.
- Move logic board as close to possible to the dock connector. Using the spudger, try to move the logic board as close as possible to the dock connector.
- Slip logic board out of the iPhone. Do this by sliding it towards the dock connector.
- Remove battery. Remove the battery by pulling tab attached to battery with a little force.
- Replace battery. Then, reassemble your iPhone by following these directions in reverse.
To replace an iPhone battery, you don't have to worry about sending your phone back to apple or getting a new iPhone all together. All you need is a few tools and some patience to get your gadget back to running and in tip top shape! Just be careful and take your time—one rough move could cause you to have to replace your iPhone all together.