Allow these responsibility quotes to inject a little work ethic into your laidback days. While these quotes may sound like messages from your parents, it’s hard to deny sound advice. Turn to these quotes when your moral compass requires maintenance.
- “You are not only responsible for what you say, but also for what you do not say.” This responsibility quote comes from Martin Luther, a German priest and scholar who played a vital role in the Protestant Reformation. His words imply that, in some cases, silence is just as bad as misleading messages. Speak up when the situation demands it.
- “Responsibility is the price of greatness.” Add this responsibility quote to the long list of Winston Churchill’s wise and witty sayings. If you’re looking to be great, plan to take on some responsibility. Keep up the good work even after you’ve reached a position of power.
- “Our greatest responsibility is to be good ancestors.” Leave it to a microbiologist to remind us of our duties to future generations. Jonas Salk’s responsibility quote demands that we keep an eye out for the future. Although we won’t be here forever, we can do our part to leave a light on for our offspring.
- “Libery means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.” This responsibility quote comes from George Bernard Shaw, a literary critic and writer. True freedom doesn’t offer you an escape from responsibility. In fact, it demands that you embrace it.
- “A chief is a man who assumes responsibility. He says 'I was beaten.' He does not say, 'My men were beaten.'" French pilot and writer Antoine de Saint Exupery gives us his two cents in this final responsibility quote. Leadership demands a responsibility. His words paint a picture of a great leader.