There are numerous restaurants open on Christmas Day in Chicago. If you aren't hosting a Christmas dinner nor attending one, why should you miss out on holiday eating? The restaurants open on this holiday vary considerably in their cost and what they offer for your dining pleasure.
- Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse features a special dinner on Christmas Eve with a reasonable price. Named after the late Hall of Fame legendary baseball broadcaster, this is the place to take your favorite sports nut. Their entire menu is offered, which features roasted half duck and delectable lamb chops. Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse: 33 W. Kinzie St. Chicago, IL 60654
- NoMi Kitchen is the restaurant to go to if you want to have a lavish brunch that extends from 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Christmas Day. Early guests enjoy a variety of mini waffles, bacon and Gruyere quiche, and more. Later guests will find duck confit and polenta cakes. The dessert table is the epitome with its hazelnut Yule log, chocolate-mango panna cotta and holiday cookies. The restaurant's unique design features an open kitchen as a showcase for the patrons to watch preparations by the culinary team. NoMi at the Park Hyatt: 800 N. Michigan Ave. 7th Floor, Chicago, IL 60611
- Drake Brothers is a steakhouse in the Drake Hotel. There is a Christmas Eve buffet where you will find dishes such as turkey with sage and prosciutto stuffing, pork loin and crab claws. On Christmas Day there is a four-course dinner with duck breast or filet mignon with a dessert buffet. Christmas Day becomes even more fun because holiday carolers and Santa Clause will be there, too! Drake Brothers: 140 E. Walton Place, Chicago, IL 60611
- Zest in the Intercontinental Hotel has both a brunch on Christmas Day plus a dinner on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. At brunch there is a carving station as well as sushi and a separate table for children. Their specialties include beef tenderloin filets. At dinner there is a six-course menu. Zest: 505 N. Michigan Ave. Chicago, IL 60611
- Smith & Wollensky Steakhouse has a three-course Christmas Holiday feast. This consists of an appetizer, an entree with sides served family style and dessert. If you prefer, you can order from the regular menu. Smith & Wollensky Steakhouse: 318 North State St. Chicago, IL 60611
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.