Restaurants Open On Thanksgiving In Chicago
If a turkey dinner with all the trimmings at your house or somewhere else is not on your agenda, you need not spend Thanksgiving without superb eating because there are excellent restaurants open on Thanksgiving in Chicago. The cost varies to an extreme extent, but searching will find you exactly what you'd like to spend and experience in your holiday dining.
- Markethouse offers a reasonably-priced menu of dishes with farm-fresh locally-grown ingredients and herbs. For Thanksgiving you might find young turkey and lavender buttermilk biscuits served with huckleberry jam. Executive Chef Scott Walton and his team tend to a large rooftop garden of herbs, peppers, lettuces, and tomatoes during their growing season. Year-round Walton buys from local growers at farmers markets. Markethouse, 611 N. Fairbanks Ct., Chicago, IL 60611
- Lockwood, in the Palmer House Hilton, has a grand Thanksgiving buffet. In addition to breakfast fixings, there is a carving station with maple-honey-and-molasses-roasted turkey breast as well as country ham. Lockwood, 17 E. Monroe St., Chicago, IL 60603
- Sixteen, on the sixteenth floor of the Trump International Hotel and Tower, is the ultimate in fine dining. This four-star restaurant has exceptional views of the city from 30-foot floor-to-ceiling windows. The Thanksgiving five-course dinner has traditional favorites along with unique dishes such as pork belly with celery apple tower, glazed chestnuts, and hot mulled cider. The pumpkin pie for dessert includes Jivara cremeaux, gingersnap streusel, and molasses ice cream served on top. Sixteen, 401 N. Wabash Ave., Chicago, IL 60611
- Zed 451 is a fun and trendy restaurant with fireplaces that give the feeling of being in a ski lodge. The Thanksgiving menu might include unlimited helpings of such items as sweet potato souffle, cornbread muffins, and pear and caramel swirl ice cream. For an unusual cocktail, try their cranberry-tequila cosmo. You can also enjoy going to the rooftop for drinks. Zed 451, 739 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL 60610
- Hilton-Chicago Indian Lakes Resort's restaurant has a friendly vibrant atmosphere along with sumptuous food and captivating views. A lavish Thanksgiving spread has holiday favorites as well as Jonah crab claws and unique items such as Butternut Squash Ravioli and Bananas Foster. Young children are delighted with their own separate table with chicken tenders, macaroni and cheese, and curly fries. Hilton-Chicago Indian Lakes, 250 West Schick Road, Bloomingdale, IL 60108