If you've ever watched an episode of the hit reality show "Runs House" starring none other than Reverend Run himself, you might be familiar with the Rev Run quotes that he does at the end of the show. You don't need to run to your DVR and make notes on his quotes. Here are ten of Rev Run's quotes.
- "If you compare your blessings to others, you're foolish." This is especially true because of the fact that while you may want to compare your blessings with the blessings of others, God blesses each one of us according to His plan and not necessarily our own plan.
- "The question is not so much if God hears your prayers. He Does." The question is can you be still enough to hear his response? Listening is one of those skills that we are taught very early in life yet even as adults we don't always do it. Listening to God is the half of your prayer life that reaps the most results.
- "You should ask the Lord for what you want but never try to press Him on how He'll do it or where its coming from." When you ask God for what you want, you must first evaluate your motive behind wanting it. If our motives are purely selfish, then you are more likely to wonder and worry and press God on answering your requests.
- "Keep integrity. You are who you are when nobody's looking." This is pretty self explanatory. Be the same always. Don't allow your inner being to be pushed aside so that you can fit in with the various groups of people and environments that you live in.
- "Think twice before you criticize others. A critical spirit can block your blessings." Criticizing others takes your focus off what it needs to be on, which is building you up to be the best person you can be. Just think of the countless hours of life you can waste by fixating on the faults of other people when you could be spending at same time and energy repairing your own.
- "To make it you must be like a postage stamp and stick to one thing till you get there." Stick-to-itiveness is a trait that many successful people have. They never take no as a reason to quit. Perseverance will take you far in life.
- "You can tell how much you believe God loves you and how much you trust him by how often you pray." Your relationship with God is through prayer. It is much like any other relationship in your life. You put into it the value that you hold for it.
- "Path to happiness: Stop trying to fix everything at once." If everyone would grasp this lesson and hold on to it for dear life, the world would be a much happier place. It is nearly impossible to fix everything at one time. Trying to do so will only cause you to punish yourself when you can't accomplish it.
- "Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect; it just means you've decided to look beyond the imperfections." Looking beyond the imperfections in life allows you to put your energy into focusing on the things in life that are perfect and good.
- "Some people wake up and all they can see is what's missing. Try looking around today to see what you have." Seeing your glass as half full helps to take your mind off any voids that you may have. If you wake up with $500 that you didn't go to sleep with, why wake up focused on why you don't have $1000?
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.