Make any weeknight dinner special with a rib eye steak recipe. Rib eye steak is boneless, tender and very flavorful due of the abundant marbling of the meat. When grilled, rib eye steak is a tender and can be adorned by a variety of flavors from sauces, marinades or garnishes. The best rib eye steak recipe is a marinade that will flavor and tenderize an enticing inch thick rib eye steak.
To make rib eye steak with marinade, you will need:
- 4 rib eye steaks
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- To prepare the grill ahead of time, turn the grill on high with the lid closed for five minutes. When the grill is hot, scrape the grill rack clean with a wire brush. Turn the grill off and cool it for 30 minutes. Fold a paper towel several times into a square. Pour a small amount of vegetable or olive oil onto the paper towel and rub a light coat of oil onto the grill rack before cooking.
- Prepare the rib eye steak marinade. Peel a clove of garlic, place it on a cutting board, place a wide knife over the garlic and smash it. Place the garlic and all the other ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Prepare the rib eye steak. Remove the rib eye steak from the package and rinse thoroughly in water. Place the rib eye steaks in a gallon zip bag or in a flat dish. Pour the marinade over the rib eye steaks. Seal the bag or cover the dish.
- Marinade the rib eye steaks. Place the rib eye steaks soaking in marinade in the refrigerator for two hours. Turn the steaks once and return to refrigerator for another two hours. Remove the rib eye steaks from the refrigerator two hours prior to grilling.
Grill the rib eye steaks. Preheat the grill on a high heat. The grill should be hot (about 500 degrees F) when you place the rib eye steaks on it. Place the rib eye steaks on the hot grill and close the cover. Grill for five minutes and turn using tong. Grill the other side of the rib eye steaks for another three to five minutes.
- To test how well done the meat is press on the center of the steak. It should feel like the base of your thumb, soft with a little spring to it. For medium, cook an additional three to five minutes. A medium rib eye steak will be a little more firm when pressed on, like the lower part of the palm of your hand. Serve with a side dish of potatoes, rice, salad or vegetables.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …