Just the idea of a rice krispie treat recipe gets your mouth watering. This is a secret pleasure for those days when time is short, but a little rice krispie dessert is craved. This quick and easy rice krispie snack may bring you childhood memories. Get the kids to help decorate the final product with nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips, etc. You’ll need a wooden spoon and wax paper to handle the sticky treat consistency. In case you prefer perfect round shaped treats, the use of an ice cream scoop is recommended. (See final note below).
- 1 (19 oz.) box rice krispies
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Vegetable cooking spray
Spray the wooden spoon with vegetable cooking spray.
- Heat butter, corn syrup and brown sugar in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir with the wooden spoon gently, until mixture begins to bubble.
- Pour in the condensed milk, and bring mixture to a boil, stirring thoroughly.
- Remove the pot from heat, and pour the rice krispies into the mixture.
- Use the buttered wooden spoon to combine the ingredients together, until well coated.
- Transfer mixture into a pan coated with enough cooking spray.
- Using the buttered spatula, wax paper, or buttered hands, press down mixture firmly.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Cut into 2-inch squares.
Note: You can add more rice krispies, and/or use chocolate rice krispies. If you prefer round shaped treats, pack rice krispie mixture in a buttered ice cream scoop, and compress it with the palm of your hand.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?