Ricky Williams stats since coming to the NFL are amazing until he took some time off to discover himself. After Williams returned to football, he still had some spark but was not the same runner who lit the world on fire when he came out of the University of Texas.
- Texas Longhorns Record Holder – In 1998, Ricky Williams became the NCAA career rushing leader with 6,279 yards, a record that fell one year later. He also broke the records for career rushing touchdowns with 73 and career scoring with 452, both records that fell the following year as well.
- Heisman Trophy Winner – Ricky Williams won the Heisman Trophy in 1998, only the second player from the Texas Longhorns to ever win the award. The same year, he won the Doak Walker Award, Jim Brown Trophy, Walter Camp Award, Maxwell Award and was named AP College Player of the Year.
- NFL Draft – Ricky Williams was drafted by the New Orleans Saints and head coach Mike Ditka as the fifth pick in the 1999 NFL Draft. Mike Ditka traded every draft pick that year plus two the next season to get Williams.
- New Orleans Saints – Ricky Williams marriage with the New Orleans Saints was not successful. Mike Ditka was fired when the team failed to reach success and Ricky Williams was part of that. In his three seasons at New Orleans, he ran for 884 yards, 1,000 yards and 1,245 yards with only sixteen touchdowns.
- Miami Dolphins, Part 1 – New Orleans traded Ricky Williams to the Miami Dolphins in 2002 for four draft choices. In his first year in Miami, he finally showed the promise everyone expected when he left college. He ran for 1,853 yards, leading the NFL in rushing and made the Pro Bowl as a starter.
- Retirement – Ricky Williams announced his retirement from the NFL in 2004 after failing a drug test. Before leaving the NFL, he ran for 1,372 yards.
- Return – He returned in 2005 and, after serving his suspension, ran for 743 yards for Miami. During those three years at Miami, he accumulated 31 touchdowns.
- Toronto Argonauts – The NFL suspended Ricky Williams for an entire season when he failed another drug test so he went to the Canadian Football League and played for Toronto. Over his time playing at Toronto, Williams stat line included 526 rushing yards and two touchdowns.
- Miami Dolphins, Part 2 – Ricky Williams returned to Miami in 2007 but injured his shoulder in his first game back and missed the remainder of the season. When he returned, he served as a change-of-pace running back behind Ronnie Brown.
- Williams' best year since coming back was 2009 when Brown was lost to injury and Ricky Williams ran for 1,121 yards and eleven touchdowns.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …