The Barbados-born pop star Rihanna has experienced her share of sunshine and rain, which is made clear by these Rihanna quotes. These heart-felt excerpts span the range of relationships woes up to the spectacular heights of her career influences. You have heard Rihanna's music, seen her music videos, now read Rihanna's quotes about her eventful life.
- "Success for me isn’t a destination it’s a journey. Everybody’s working to get to the top but where is the top? It’s all about working harder and getting better and moving up and up." Rihanna understands that success is based on your own definition as you move through life. It isn't a "fantasy island" that you will suddenly sail towards. Rihanna's quote shows that she is living her dream by "doing it," not waiting to arrive at it.
- "People think, because we’re young, we aren’t complex, but that’s not true. We deal with life and love and broken hearts in the same way a woman a few years older might." Youth is not a synonym for ignorance. With this quote, Rihanna explains how everyone has feelings, regardless of age. What makes a person complex is the multiple layers of what they have experienced, and how they perceive it.
- "They can say whatever, I’mma do whatever, No pain is forever…" Overcoming trauma and emotional disasters is frustrating – but possible. Rihanna's inner strength shines through with this quote. Not allowing derogatory gossip to interfere with achieving salvation is critical.
- "Beyoncé just put the level of female entertainment all the way up there. She does acting, she has a beautiful voice and that’s really the person I look up to… that type of entertainer." Admitting that she was inspired by Beyoncé shows that Rihanna is not consumed by an ego. Everyone is equal to the total sum of their influences, and by the sound of this quote, Rihanna picked an amazing woman to be a part of her equation.
- “Even if I feel really bad about a situation, I put up that wall so hard that I almost believe myself that I don’t care.” Keeping anger and disappointment inside will only cause these troubled feelings to bubble up to the surface. Rihanna's quote proves that she does have intense feelings that she is more than aware of, but hiding them is a safety mechanism for her. Being constantly in the public eye makes sharing her feelings very difficult because everyone thinks they know her because of her fame, but in fact are complete strangers to her.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.